Monday, February 22, 2016

Nanchane oodi usli ( Ragi Oodi Usli )


Ragi oodi usli it's so healthy and lovely ...perfect for those who diet to v filling and healthy as well and great substitute for Rice . This is my absolute childhood fav and I used to always ask my mom to prepare it for me . I get these when I go to visit her and literally stock up my pantry with these ...truly delicious one !!!.....serve with little sev you will def love it . This recipe is same for Ragi oodi or Ragi shevai  these are sun dried one which are easily available in any Mangalore store .

Ingredients 

1 cup Ragi oodi (presoaked in  water for 1 hr)

1 tsp sugar

salt to taste

1 tsp mustard seeds

1/2 tsp urad dal

2- 3 green chillies (slit)

1 red chilli (brokem)

1 sprig of curry leaves 

1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves

3 tbsp freshly grated coconut 

Method


  • Presoak Ragi oodi for 1 hr you will notice after they are soaked they will puff up a little bit).
  • Then drain the water completely add in Sugar and salt and mix well to this oodi and keep aside,
  • In pan add oil add mustard seeds, urad dal when urad dal turns a little brown and mustard seeds starts popping up add in red chilli bits, curry leaves, green chillies, fry well .
  • Now add in coriander leaves and fry add in ragi oddi and mix sprinkle a little water and simmer and keep it for a min,
  • Switch off the gas and add in grated coconut . Done !!! ....Serve with Sev or any mixture of your choice.
  • It's simple ...simply delicious and for me it's my soul food .



No comments:

Post a Comment