Friday, December 15, 2017

Aloo Methi Pakoda


These Gorgeous pakodas are absolutely melt in your mouth and with amazing flavour of methi it's Surely a burst of beautiful flavours in my mouth and  when I took the first bite these became my favourite too  ...Just couple of weeks back I did try my hands on these aloo pakoda had a bunch of methi leaves  lying in my pantry  so this was the idea which came up in my head and ....then what else can I say sipping hot cup of coffee these aloo pakoda vanished in no time my family absolutely gorged on these , this is actually 3rd time in a row I am making these yes on request and thought of sharing it with my readers too....:D ...Please don't forget to share in your feedback !

Ingredients

2-3 med sized potato (cut into thin roundels)

large pinch of ajwain 

1/2 cup gramflour 

2 tbsp fine riceflour 

1 tsp hot oil 

1/4 cup methi leaves (washed and finely chopped)

1/2 tsp Red chilli powder

1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric Powder)

salt to taste 

oil for deep frying these pakoda /fritters

Method 
  • Chop methi leaves finely and keep aside. In a bowl add in Gram flour, rice flour, ajwain, red chilli powder, haldi, salt  and give a good mix . Now add in enough water and whisk well such that you have a lump free batter which is free flowing , batter should be of medium consistency here (not too thick nor too thin).
  • Add in methi leaves and mix well.
  • Peel the potato and slice them into thin sized roundels and keep aside.
  • Now heat oil till the smoking point , take a spoonfull of this oil and pour on the batter this is to ensure that they come out crispy, now when the oil is heated up then simmer a bit dip these roundels in the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
  • Serve with Ketchup / Spicy Chutney and don't forget ur hot cup of tea or coffee with it ....no one can beat this heavenly combo :D


No comments:

Post a Comment